gnome keyring daemon from cron job

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 20 19:20:21 UTC 2009

Am Montag, den 20.04.2009, 15:07 -0400 schrieb Colin Walters:
> 2009/4/20 Christoph Höger <choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de>:
> >
> > I could fix that by adding DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=autolaunch: to the
> > cron job. That made gnomekeyring reachable again.
>
> If you have an existing desktop session though that will cause things
> to break most likely though, since you can now get two
> gnome-keyring-daemon instances both of which are accessing the single
> keyring file.  If you're not logged in though that works.

Uh? I thought that would launch a new dbus, if none is running. After ~
20 cron jobs running with that setting I have only one dbus-daemon and
on gnomekeyring-daemon running.

> Aside from patching cron we should really ship a "ck-run-in-desktop"
> command with ConsoleKit, it wouldn't be difficult to write.

Yepp, definetely.
But that does not help a lot since the program simply fails if there is
no gnome running ;)
My current problem is, that the cronjob used to know
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS in earlier releases.