Rawhide debuginfo packages with no sources

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Apr 21 06:23:49 UTC 2009

On Monday 20 April 2009, Adam Miller wrote:
> I was unfortunately not able to get to the packages that are mine the
> other day, but I was able to start some work on them today. Here is my
> question at risk of sounding like I have no clue what I'm doing: "What
> process should I follow to verify that I have fixed the issue?". I
> read the wiki link that was posted
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Debuginfo) and did verify
> that one of the packages in question (shed) had a -s in the install
> section of the makefile, so I created a patch for the Makefile.in and
> wanted to find a way to test the resulting package before submitting
> it as a patch or a fix.

Quick surface check: build the package, look at the build logs and verify that
the expected $RPM_OPT_FLAGS (not only -g) are there and that there are no
"install -s", "gcc -s", "ld -s", "strip" or the like in it, run rpm -qlp (or
rpmls) on the debuginfo package, verify that it contains both *.debug as well
as source files.  The new debuginfo package should also be larger, sometimes
much larger, than the non-fixed one.