small feature request for packagekit

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 11:29:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 13:20 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
> When you try to install packages from a new repo, packagekit will ask
> you to verify the signing key. That's fine. But it would be even better,
> if one could simply mark the fingerprint of the key to copy'n paste it
> into <APPLICATION_USED_FOR_VERIFYING> (in my case google), currently the
> text is not markable.
> This should be a simple oneliner.

Funny you mention it... We've been discussing this dialog on the mailing
list for the last couple of days. The thread is here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/packagekit/2009-April/004720.html
subject "This dialog sucks".

I think it's a valid use case to copy the fingerprint, so if you could
file a bug under the gnome-packagekit component I'll use it to track
pending issues. Thanks.

Richard.