development packages and multilib

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Apr 22 17:30:44 UTC 2009

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 03:07:40AM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> (Yes, kde4-config is an ELF binary, not a script.)
>
> This could be a barrier to cross-compilation.

As kde4-config is horribly broken for W32 anyway (the main problem is that
it doesn't understand KDE being relocated to a different path than it was
built for, which is commonly done on W32), KDE's CMake scripts avoid its
use it for W32 builds anyway, so this shouldn't matter at least for MinGW.
It could be a problem for GNU/Linux->GNU/Linux cross builds though. (I'm
not sure anybody tested those at all yet.)

There is experimental support for cross-compiling KDE with cross-MinGW:
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/Cross-Compiling

        Kevin Kofler