Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Apr 23 20:10:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, 23.04.09 14:42, Callum Lerwick (seg at haxxed.com) wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 21:29 +0200, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
> > > It's called "input monitoring" and it's not unusual. Why is someone with
> > > no apparent musical or audio recording background in charge of core
> > > Fedora audio infrastructure?
> >
> > Because neither you nor someone with « apparent musical or audio
> > recording background » stepped up to do the work.
> >
> > Me ? I have neither this background nor the development skills. At the
> > very least, Lennart has the development skills.
> >
> > You seem to have such a « musical or audio recording background », so
> > you and Lennart might be complimentary and thus a great team (no pun
> > intended, I honestly think that).
>
> Yes. Lennart is a pig headed dick who won't listen to suggestions. He's
> a textbook case of someone with no listening skills. And Bastien Nocera
> isn't doing so great either.
>
> And I'm a huge dick with quite a bit of steam to blow off due to
> Fedora's general descent into brokenness. Watch the sparks fly!
>
> > If only you were actually helping him instead of talking so much (and so badly).
>
> Lennart, learn to listen.

I am pretty good at listening. The best thing to make sure I am all
ears is of course calling me a "pig headed dick" and "stupid" and of
course using the magic words "fuck you" on me. Adding a couple of
demands on top and assuming that I was your private code monkey rounds
up nicely this convincing approach to get me to fulfill to your
wishes!

I responded earnestly to all points raised in this thread. And all I
got from you were insults and demands.

Lennart