New packages during rawhide freeze

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:30:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 01:23:44PM +0300, Kalev Lember wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Recent rawhide composes have pulled in some .fc10 rpms which seem to
>originate from Fedora 10's stable updates repo. For example, "rawhide
>report: 20090422 changes" lists 10 new packages, from which I checked
>first few and they all seemed to be .fc10 releases.

This is due to koji tag inheritence.  It should arguably stop doing that
during a freeze...

>One of my new packages got pulled in like that too
>(mingw32-libp11-0.2.4-1.fc10.noarch), even though I have a F-11 branch
>and I have built it for both F-11 and devel in koji. I have also
>requested the package to be added to Fedora 11 updates in Bodhi, but for
>some reason it still pulled in .fc10 package instead of the correct .fc11.

F11 Updates doesn't do inheritence to rawhide, since all of those are in
'pending' state.

However, if you would like those new packages in rawhide instead of via
updates you can file a ticket with rel-eng to get them included in
dist-f11.

>Installing Fedora 10 packages in rawhide doesn't strike me as a good
>idea, because they are most probably compiled using old gcc, for example.
>
>Why does it happen? Did I (and other people who have pushed new packages
>in Fedora 10 during rawhide freeze) do something wrong here?

No, you did nothing wrong.  In fact, you highlighted a pretty good issue
that we need to look at.  Yay!

josh