PulseAudio and sound apps (was: Re: Orphaning a few packages)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 15:28:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 11:18 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Lennart Poettering  wrote:
> >
> > Better still then using the card name is using the hal path or some
> > udev path/identifier for identifying cards. PA does that.
> >
> > Lennart
> >

> Lennart,
> please stop implying CA supporting features that it actually can't. CA
> does not work with multiple soundcards. AT ALL... (tested it with 100%
> different hardware, different machines)
>
> It might be working on your system and possibly a handful of other
> people's. But that's all.

Oh, would you please just *shut up*.

I have four output devices in my system. Each is correctly identified
and I can move output across them at will. No, I am not being paid by
Lennart to say this, and I did not drink the Kool-Aid, I can just
recognize working software when I see it.

Anyone who was to claim Pulse was perfect and worked for everyone would
be wrong, but you claiming it works for no-one but Lennart and his
sinister sidekicks is equally absurd.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey