Request to become Provenpackager

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Apr 24 19:24:50 UTC 2009

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 13:42:48 +0300
Jussi Lehtola <jussi.lehtola at iki.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> there are currently 452 open Merge Reviews (out of 1009 open review
> bugs in total) open in Bugzilla. I have taken over 20 merge reviews
> in the past month or two. In the majority of cases, I haven't got any
> replies to the reviews even though some time has passed.

Please double check on all of these that you have added the current
maintainer(s) to the CC on the tickets?

The merge reviews were filed in mass and have no one attached, so in
some cases they current maintainers may be unaware of the ticket at
all.

> A lot of the issues could be fixed in a minute or two in CVS; as I
> understand provenpackagers are allowed to do these kinds of small
> fixes after having announced it a few days in advance. Doing a review
> is of little avail if the maintainer doesn't respond.

Well, for very minor stuff, sure. However, I don't think it's a good
idea for you to make big changes to packages simply for the sake of a
merge review. You should still obey the guidelines on who is allowed to
touch what packages when. I think we also want to know in merge reviews
if our maintainer is unresponsive.

kevin