FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Sat Apr 25 00:15:14 UTC 2009

On 04/24/2009 04:52 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 16:41 -0700, Christopher Aillon wrote:
>> On 04/24/2009 04:36 PM, Dave Airlie wrote:
>>> If they can't mandate this then I suspect the only option left is to
>>> enact the contingency plan, which neither party seems to want to happen.
>>>
>>> So I'm not sure I see the point in you forcing any point.
>> The plan is as designed per the feature page.  Just some people decided
>> post-freeze that they don't like it.
>
> Or rather didn't fully understand the limited scope of coverage for F11.
> FESCo isn't mandating anything.  In fact after a long and (un)healthy
> discussion, a compromise for the sake of F11 was reached, one that
> doesn't require any changes to existing software, only the addition of
> one package.

A compromise works best if both parties are on board.  I don't believe
that the desktop guys will object to the package existing and being
installable if people want.  No CLI needed since we have GUI install
tools.  The objection is with the mandate for it to be installed by
default on the desktop live/install spins.