FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Sat Apr 25 02:09:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 18:48 -0700, Christopher Aillon wrote:
<snip>
> To make it clearer:
>
> Before today's FESCo meeting:
> * The old mixer was removed
> * 1 mixer installed by default in the desktop spin.
> * The old mixer could not be installed via PK or yum
>
> Today's FESCO Mandate:
> * Revive the old mixer
> * Ship 2 mixers by default in the desktop spin.
>
> Compromise seems like it would be something along the lines of:
> * Revive the old mixer
> * 1 mixer installed by default in the desktop spin
> * The old mixer can be installed via PK or yum

FYI, Adam didn't revive the old mixer (that is still in gnome-media, but
disabled), he revived gnome-alsamixer, another GNOME ALSA mixer with no
upstream.

The URL mentioned in the spec file[1] says:
"The page cannot be found"

If the thing is going to get installed by default, you should at _least_
package up the old gnome-volume-control. Otherwise, yes, I'll be a pain
and drag this to the board.

[1]: http://www.paw.co.za/projects/gnome-alsamixer/