The Great Pulseaudio Mixer Debate: a modest (productive) proposal

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Sat Apr 25 22:42:18 UTC 2009

On Sat, 25.04.09 14:57, Callum Lerwick (seg at haxxed.com) wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 03:38 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Juggling with numbers like this is pointless in Free Software. We
> > have no clue about our end users.
>
> We have plenty of clues about our end users. It's called "verbal
> communication".

Ah, "verbal communication"? I see, that's what you call saying "Fuck
you" to upstream.

And no, we have no hard numbers about anything our end users want. I
know your hubris and stuff but uh, sorry, in contrast to what you may
believe I don't think that you are representative for the mythical end
user of Fedora. You are just a very very vocal minority.

Lennart