Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Apr 27 13:08:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 11:19 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> David,
> Had CA worked for me in just one case out of so many, I wouldn't
> complain so strongly. Recently it started damaging my wife's data on
> her computer (just hard-reboot your computer as if it was frozen 5
> times a day for a month. I'm confident that you'll lose some data at
> some point). I'm glad I shut it off before it damaged the hardware.
>
> It is harmful. It is 100% crap. OK, maybe 99.999%, since it works for
> you guys.

I didn't say it worked for me. It doesn't -- in rawhide I can't even
turn the speakers up past about 80% of what they can do in F-10, and
many apps just silently (no pun intended) fail to make any noise when
they start up -- either because they fail to connect to PA, or because
PA either marks them as muted or sets their volume to zero.

The panel applet and the hotkeys in my GNOME session have stopped
working completely, too.

What I said is that I'm determined to persevere with it.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation