Fedora 11 Preview Release announcement

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 28 13:54:55 UTC 2009

Memorandum of Intent to Release a Distribution of Understanding

Things this email is about:
   - Fedora 11 Preview release
   - Where to get it
   - How to test it
   - Where to report problems

Things this email is not about:
   - If there are too many sliders on a volume control
   - If there are not enough sliders on a volume control
   - Grumpiness

Agenda Items:
   - Release Fedora 11 Preview Announcement
   - Tell everyone how to obtain the Preview Release
   - Tell everyone how to file bug reports

Hidden Agenda:
   - Joy
   - Peace
   - Occasional fun-loving snarkiness

Body:
This is the Fedora 11 Preview release, we're just a short time from
releasing the full shebang. Therefore we need the most testing we can
possibly get on this one. On the torrent sites you'll find live images for
testing:

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org and http://spins.fedoraproject.org

Everyone has been focused on fixing and closing their remaining bugs since
the Fedora 11 Beta Release. Please use Bugzilla
( http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_file_a_bug_report ) to report any
problems you find (after making sure that somebody else hasn't already
reported the issues). The Preview release notes which can be found at
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f11preview/  will help you
with any other details.

Thanks and happy testing!

-sv