GConf changes in F12

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Apr 29 06:58:37 UTC 2009

> On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 01:11 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > > Previously, translations were merged by intltool from .po files into
> > > schemas files and then copied by gconftool from the schemas file into
> > > the database.
> >
> > Is that what caused the insanely-sized .xml files in libgweather? Or is that
> > a separate issue?
>
> No, the xml files in libgweather are just big on their own, no GConf
> involved.

I'm guessing this has to do with all the international data in
libgweather.

Is it possible to build this (like we do for openoffice.org with it's
language packs) so that you only grab the locations you need? And
assuming your interested in the weather in some location your not, could
you automate the downloading of the location required?

R.
 It's much better on my side"