Network Manager in F11 Preview

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:06:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 15:51 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 14:21 -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> > > When I had this problem with F11 Beta, the issue could not be fixed via
> > > the GUI.  I had to edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and
> > > enable onboot for the connection.
> > >
> > > Is this same or is it editable via the GUI now?
> >
> > By "the GUI", do you mean NM or system-config-network? I want to say the
> > latter should work, don't know about the former.
>
> nm-connection-editor in F11 is able to read and write ifcfg files for
> wired and wireless connections.

Yeah, this seem to happened post beta. As a positive side effect of
making one of my authenticated wired connection system wide, nm stopped
firing up 'System eth0' (wasn't it called 'auto eth0' in F10?), which I
didn't want it to because I need to properly authenticate first to be
given network connection that I can use to connect to the world (and not
just a selected number of local sites directly related to setting up the
authenticated connection). (and having to click on the proper connection
after every boot is tiring...) :-) I am not sure though (as I didn't
tested that) when actually nm gets connected, but when I log in to
desktop and check if the connection is the correct one, it's already
connected...

> Dan
Martin