FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 20:59:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 20:01 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> > Of course, I don't know that the proposed solution does this, since,
> > a week after it was proposed, a week after we've cut our last milestone
> > release, and less than two weeks before we cut the hopefully-to-be-shipped
> > release candidate, this proposed solution *has yet to land in any form
> > at all*. Given the stage of the schedule now, I find it pretty preposterous
> > that we're still considering changing things
>
> Agreed.
>
> With Empathy we noticed things early in the release cycle
> and thus could revert those changes in time and thus reefer those wanting
> to use Empathy to install it manually.

This kind of argument just doesn't reflect reality. If it were actually
true, it would be valid. If it were true that we change almost nothing
after a preview release, the point would be significant.

But it's just not true. Did you see the rawhide compose message for
today? It contains three new packages and changes to 50, including basic
components of GNOME and KDE. Tuesday's rawhide featured nine changes to
the *kernel*.

You can't move the goalposts about. If the rule is changing things after
preview is a really significant deal, then there shouldn't be that level
of changes actually happening.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey