FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 23:27:26 UTC 2009

William Jon McCann wrote:

> In this particular case, there is nothing wrong with telling some
> people either:
a) you may have to wait *years* in order to get the optimal experience.
b) The current release of this product is a fail! Go to this wiki page
and follow the instructions to make it work.
> We simply cannot avoid this if we continue to use a
> time-based release process.  There will always be cases where we don't
> finish everything we'd like to.
But it ok to ship a crappy or not ready product as long as I created it.
> That is, it cannot
> if we ever want to recover marketshare and mindshare from other
> distributions (not to mention other/better OS's),
"we" are not competing  with other distributions. That is just you
lennart and crew.

Here is a clue, making a better product will "recover" your precious
market and mind share. Telling people only you know what is best does not.