future f12 test days

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Apr 2 20:47:46 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 02.04.2009, 11:11 -0700 schrieb Adam Williamson:
> On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 17:00 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
>
> > a) we should _always_ have USB images ready. That should lower the
> > testing costs to zero.
>
> Well, we don't provide USB images for releases on the basis it's a waste
> of space and bandwidth since you can simply convert them with the
> script. I don't see why that reasoning doesn't hold for test days.

I disagree on that: Using an USB image is the most non-invasive and
cheapest way, to run those tests. They allow modifying something and
rebooting, which is a real advantage in test cases IMO.
Also USB devices are common nowadays - tools to convert cd images to usb
media are not (not every possible tester runs fedora yet).
If we really care about that little extra space we should provide USB
images and show how to convert them to cd/dvd images.