F11 Beta How many times do you want to test your media?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Apr 3 05:49:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 23:16 -0600, Jerry Williams wrote:
> Why is the default to test the media?
> I think the default should be skip.
> Even better would be to move the option to test the media to the boot menu,
> kind of like the Live CD.
> It is nice to be able to test the media, but I don't think it should be the
> default.

Jerry,

It's not good form to hijack a thread for different discussion.

If you want to ask a question, start with a new email (clicking on the
email addresses at the top of emails is a good way to do this) so that
people will note your comments, instead of just ignoring them (most
likely because they are ignoring the thread you've hijack.)

It's also an issue, because many people view their mail as a thread to
keep track of conversations and what you've done is started a new
conversation in the middle of someone else's.

Anyway, I imagine the default to test is because problems with CD/DVD
burns not working (for a number of reasons) is common and if you don't
encourage testing then many people file/report/discuss bugs which are
nothing more than a bad burn.

If they've had to skip the testing process, then hopefully they might go
back and retest the media before filing/reporting/discussing/complaining
that it didn't work.

 It's much better on my side"