Looking for reviews swaps

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Apr 6 03:53:25 UTC 2009

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 20:29:03 +0200, Ralf wrote:
>
>> Michael Schwendt wrote:

>>>  2) You may charge a reasonable copying fee for this archive, and may
>>> distribute it in aggregate as part of a larger and possibly commercial software
>>> distribution (such as a Linux distribution or magazine coverdisk).
>> == you may distribute it as part of Fedora.
>
> No, as part of "a larger and possibly commercial software distribution".

IMO, this "license" is self contradicting => Likely illegal and likely void.

>> The clause I cited, restricts commercial use of the SW itself. One of
>> the basic freedoms of open source software.
>
> It's content, not code.

Any content is also "source"-code at the same time.  It's a matter of
use-case. It's essentially the same thing as fonts, images etc. In this
case it's "audio artworks."

In this case, their license doen't allow reusing their sources outside
of their framework => their "art work" is non-free,

=> package must not be in Fedora.