NetworkManager - Can not store wireless pass phrase

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 20:09:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 15:49 +0200, Uwe Kiewel wrote:
> Julian Aloofi wrote:
> > In general it should save your password automatically (I assume you use
> > Fedora 10).
>
> Oh, my fault: It's Rawhide :-)
>
> > Maybe you should delete your WLAN from the connection list,
> > connect, enter your password and just reboot and see whether it worked
> > automatically.
>
> I have had also this idea, but it didn't help.

Did you ever deny nm-applet or nm-connection-editor access to the Gnome
Keyring?  Run 'gnome-keyring-manager' or 'seahorse' ('yum install
gnome-keyring-manager seahorse' if you don't have them installed) and
see if nm-applet and nm-connection-editor has access to the key in
question.

If all else fails, you can use the atom-bomb approach and 'rm -rf
~/.gnome2/keyrings' and then try to set the passphrase in
nm-connection-editor again.

Dan