future f12 test days

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 21:23:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 19:42 -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> Though with enough money, you could automate those too, with the use of
> some cameras and video capture hardware, or for more $$$ high speed
> digital sampling hardware... Get a hardware hacker to instrument the
> laptop's backlight...
>
> How much is stability worth to Red Hat Inc?

OK, reality check here: the Fedora QA department paid by Red Hat is a
small handful of folks with a smattering of machines - we've got quite a
few, but not endless vast caverns of them - and a fairly limited budget.
Your ideas are neat but the Fedora QA department is a considerably long
way away from having the resources to implement them.

Right now the test days are planned and arranged mostly by myself and/or
James Laska in, oh, maybe ten to twelve hours of total time for
arranging each one. We couldn't easily dedicate much more time than that
to arranging the test days, so any proposals for improving them need to
fit into that kind of time frame.

Or, of course - to take the standard Fedora developer tack - you could
do it yourself, and send the patches. :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey