Need advice pertaining to GSoC proposal

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 21:36:09 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 02:53 -0500, Adam Miller wrote:
> I'm not a fan of the 1-click. If you want it in the repo, then package
> it and put it in the repo. If it can't be in the repo for legal
> reasons then package it and submit it to rpmfusion.
>
> If you have an outside rpm, then yum localinstall it.

Of course, there's another type of '1-click' install that really ought
to be implemented: a URI that'll be handled by packagekit.

Something like:

package://firefox

should call out (via packagekit) for the package named 'firefox' to be
installed, from the available repositories.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey