Strange build failure on koji dist-f11

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Apr 7 19:06:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 01:41 +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, all:
>>>
>>> Currently it seems that all builds on dist-f11 fails due to some
>>> strange error:
>>>

>> This is what I was seeing during rawhide production for the past few
>> days.  Oddly enough I didn't see it today.
>>

> I've got it too.
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1283347&name=root.log

Yuck. But this is strange... I looked through mash logs earlier today and
the first occurrence of this breakage was on April 1st (what a nice
co-incidence) and always just on i586.

Something's obviously very broken, but previous rpm update had been about
a week before that, seems unlikely to me that the same rpm version would
work fine for a week and then all of a sudden start blowing up all over
the place with memory corruption on i586.

Me wonders how come mash was affected by this already a week ago and koji
only now.

 	- Panu -