Open source Cg compiler?

King InuYasha ngompa13 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 22:45:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> King InuYasha wrote:
> > That is the toolkit, not the compiler. The compiler has a different
> > license than the toolkit.
>
> But the compiler on its own is completely useless without the rest of the
> toolkit, in particular the "profiles" which make the compiler actually
> generate code.
>
>        Kevin Kofler
>
> --

True, but if there are people interested in it, perhaps some "profiles"
could be made for use with cgc and packaged rather than relying on the
toolkit since I doubt nVIDIA would release the profiles as open source. It
does already contain a generic profile but without any code generation. My
other guess is that this could be used to figure out how to implement a Cg
compiler front end into LLVM. But, what do I know? I have no real knowledge
of programming.