Re: Open source Cg compiler?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
King InuYasha wrote:
> That is the toolkit, not the compiler. The compiler has a different
> license than the toolkit.

But the compiler on its own is completely useless without the rest of the
toolkit, in particular the "profiles" which make the compiler actually
generate code.

       Kevin Kofler

True, but if there are people interested in it, perhaps some "profiles" could be made for use with cgc and packaged rather than relying on the toolkit since I doubt nVIDIA would release the profiles as open source. It does already contain a generic profile but without any code generation. My other guess is that this could be used to figure out how to implement a Cg compiler front end into LLVM. But, what do I know? I have no real knowledge of programming.