yum downloading packages change

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Apr 7 23:30:13 UTC 2009

Somewhere between the alpha and beta releases (not sure when though), it
seems yum changed on what it did/showed when downloading packages.  And
what I mean, is that my updates (rawhide + 3rd party repos) are locally
mirrored and nfs mounted.  And when yum got to the download part, it
started/ended in half a second or so, with just a line drawn showing it
and how fast and was over just like that.

Now it seems, that it shows each package being downloaded (as in I guess
it's copying over the package from wherever to local dir (a cached temp
dir or something?)) and then installing?  Even if that is what is going
on, it still seems like a much longer process then before.

Just seeing what is going on or reporting a problem if it is? Hope I am
explaining that correctly LOL

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org