dontzap - a application to revert dontzap setting

psmith johnsmithdoe14 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 8 13:40:51 UTC 2009

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 21:02 +0100, psmith wrote:
>
>> Adam Jackson wrote:

>>> I said it.  Right there.  The bit about being a runtime XKB feature
>>> already.
>>>

>> and you think an average user will know how to do this compared to
>> installing rahuls dontzap package, and maybe just maybe when the next
>> big change comes around in xorg you could let the community know
>> beforehand instead of thinking your godlike
>>

> My godlike what?
>
> All the other runtime XKB features are pretty well discoverable.
> gnome-keyboard-properties, layouts, layout options.
>
> - ajax

godlike as in taking votes on changes that will effect every xorg user
in hidden polls, after all the discussions held previously and since
were against the change, (apart for the few who hit keys aimlessly to
see what happens or those who don't type to well) and not asking the
community you are supposedly part of what they think, or even letting
them know it was on the cards, anyway i've had enough of this i'll
either patch the x source myself to put it back or live with regressing
to using an xorg.conf, just to please the aforementioned few!

phil