rawhide report: 20090408 changes

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Apr 8 17:35:35 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 08 April 2009, David Nielsen wrote:

> Not a FESco decision by a mile, it is a bug... patches welcome as always.
> You also were warned on -devel, several times in fact that we had this
> problem. _Nobody_ with ppc skills volunteered to help actually fix the
> problem so now it's disabled till the ppc arch team helps out with a
> solution. Nobody on the Mono SIG has the hardware to test this nor the in
> depth knowledge about the architecture to fix it. It has been reported to
> upstream as well so hopefully we will see this situation mended soon.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Architecture_Build_Failures

It seems that the process for excluding an arch has not been followed here
yet.  The packaging guidelines could also be improved to include uses of
ExclusiveArch in addition to ExcludeArch as cases that should follow this
process.