rawhide report: 20090408 changes

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 18:11:30 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 19:03 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
>> Patches welcome, we are not impeding progress and bugfixing on the archs
>> actually can do it on and which users depend on because you demand we do so
>> yet give us no help what so ever when we ask for it.
>>
>> When I suggested we disable PPC temporarily nobody said a thing in protest.
>> You had your chance both to help and to object to the course of action.
>
> If you don't get it fixed by the final freeze, we'll just epoch and
> downgrade mono.  This kind of version change shouldn't really be made
> after beta anyway.

That doesn't strike me as a good idea on a variety of fronts.  The most
important is that we'll then have downgraded mono when lots of things
that depend on it were tested against the upgraded version.  It's
possible that some of those apps will either need bugfixing against the
old mono or need to be epoch downgraded as well.  If a downgrade is to
happen, this needs to be done ASAP not at final freeze.

-Toshio