What is up with glibc in rawhide?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 16:24:49 UTC 2009

> glibc-2.9.90-12 is badly broken (bz #494631).  Yesterday it was
> replaced with -14, which is less broken.  Today it's back to -12.
> How is anyone supposed to get a stable release out when we are churning
> experimental versions of core system components?

All glibc.i586 after beta is broken right now, and due to some other
bugs in play, glibc.i586 was being chosen more often for our build
chroots than glibc.i686 in glibc builds greater than -12.  We untagged
-14 before it could be pushed into rawhide so that our buildroots will
keep working while the glibc folks get a working glibc.i586 package out.
This should all be fixed up today.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!