Speech recognition

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:37:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Hedayat Vatankhah <hedayat at grad.com> wrote:
> I also think that making the software available has a considerable effect in
> encouraging people to generate free data. When speech recognition software
> is available, community will be encouraged to generate data to make it more
> robust. But people will not generate required data when they can use it
> already!
>
> I have not much free time, but I'm interested to help you in this direction
> if I can. :)
>
> Good luck,
> Hedayat

Thanks!  To be honest, the biggest problem I am having right now is
sorting through the licenses attached (or not!) to the various pieces
of software I'm considering.  I'm finding code with no clear license,
code with open source licenses that depends on commercial libraries,
code with licenses that include "no commercial use" clauses, etc.  I'm
still hopeful I can come up with a usable set of software by the time
I'm done....

I'm also firing off emails as I encounter license problems, to let
people know why I will NOT be using their software.  Whether that will
accomplish anything remains to be seen.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/