rawhide report: 20090408 changes

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 05:34:49 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> writes:
> PPC (and PPC64 even more so, but this particular issue is with 32-bit PPC)
> really needs to become a secondary arch!

I sincerely hope that does not ever happen --- or at least not without
replacing PPC with some other big-endian architecture.  It's tough
enough now keeping people on the straight and narrow path about platform
independent coding.  If Fedora ever becomes an only-Intel-matters distro
we are going to lose a lot of credibility and leverage on that point.

> The Mono maintainers did the logical thing and decided to just drop PPC
> support and I can't blame them for it.

I can, and do, and find that attitude one hundred percent unacceptable.
Fix your damn code.

			regards, tom lane