Mono-2.4 and ppc in rawhide

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:04:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:14:09AM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>Paul wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As it stands, the f11 release will not contain a ppc/ppc64 version of
>> mono due to a continued build issue.
>>
>As discussed earlier on this list, the worst that should happen is we
>release with mono-2.4-9.RC1.fc11 which builds on ppc/ppc64.
>
>> As a compromise, would it be acceptible to download the latest svn
>> tarball, do a complete diff and patch in the diff file and then release
>> it but not with the svn attribute? (assuming it will build on the ppc
>> machines).
>>
>> Failing that, should I just build mono from svn and check that in today
>> as a chain build? Time is short - it's my birthday today, I've also got
>> my kids for it (first time in 2 years), so a quick reply would help.
>>
>It sounds like mono's svn snapshot won't build on ppc any more than
>current release + patches from the bug.  So taking a snapshot seems
>unnecessary.

We've actually had someone looking into this, primarily the person that
did many ppc fixes upstream for Mono.  The bug has the details, but at
the moment Mono builds just fine on an Apple G5 machine installed with
the latest rawhide.

Why this doesn't build in the koji environment is the odd question.

josh