Re: mono breaks with dynamic linking on ppc? [was Re: Mono-2.4 and ppc in rawhide]

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a badger gmail com> wrote:
> So mono builds itself and then uses the resulting binary during the
> build process.  If we link that binary dynamically against libmono.so,
> at least some subsequent commands break on ppc.  If we link that binary
> statically against libmono.so (but dynamically against everything else)
> then subsequent commands work fine and we get mono packages built.  Does
> this sound like a bug in gcc or the dynamic linker?  Does this remind
> anyone of some other bug they've encountered in the past?
>
> -Toshio

Wild shot in the dark: is -fPIC supplied for every single source file
and also for the link command to create libmono.so?

When subsequent commands "break", how exactly are they breaking?

Is this still a koji-only problem, or can it be reproduced on
somebody's personal machine now?
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/