shared libraries (not working ld.so.conf.d)

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 09:45:25 UTC 2009

> My question is : What is the cause of this problem? Does gimp and
> others uses hard-linked libraries and ld.so.conf is for nothing??

Yes.

$ eu-readelf -d /usr/bin/gimp | grep PATH
  RPATH             Library rpath: [/usr/lib64]
$

I think there is some packager maintainers' page about eliminating bogus
RPATH from package builds, but I don't have the pointer off hand.  The
package maintainer for gimp needs to be pointed at that.

Thanks,
Roland