How to sponsor someone?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Apr 15 14:28:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 03:08:46PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> How do I sponsor kalev?
> (https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/view/kalev)
>
> The wiki instructions are obscure, and don't say in so many words what
> I actually have to do.  Unless I'm looking at the wrong page of course ...

It is explained here, although there aren't much practical details:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_sponsor_a_new_contributor#Sponsoring_Someone_for_Fedora_Package_Collection
There is a 'Todo queue' here, but kalev doesn't appear in this list.
But if you click on 'packager' link that is present for some of the
people in the todo queue, you'll be directed to the Sponsorship Queue
of the packager group, where kalev is.

I couldn't make any sense of why there are only some users in the
'Todo queue', maybe a bug in the fas system?

Also maybe > 6 months old entries in the Sponsorship Queue could
be automatically removed.

--
Pat