opensync downgrade to 0.22

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 18:33:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 18:55 +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> On Mi April 15 2009, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Juha Tuomala wrote:
> > > In my opinion, we should send people to manually compile and test
> > > the trunk and help the development
> >
> > Users do not manually compile their software, and especially not from
> > trunk. If you want users to test your work, you need to do actually
> > packagable releases, even beta ones, but not completely broken ones with no
> > stable API/ABI and with plugins and apps in various states of brokenness
> > and/or bitrot.
>
> Also one needs a configuration file that should work with the software or at
> least some documentation about how to create one. So if someone has this for
> the syncml (for nokia devices) and the file plugin, please share it with me.
> :-)

If you're talking about 0.3, forget it. For 0.22, there's a commented
version in the package as the
file /usr/share/opensync/defaults/syncml-obex-client . You may also want
to search the opensync site for pages that mention your device by name,
or just google for your device name and 'opensync', as syncml is fairly
finicky and you may find it needs some particular settings to work
right. Or just won't work right at all no matter what you do, like my
Nokia 6300. In which case the gnokii plugin may do the trick, for
syncing contacts.

For Mandriva I used to have the old KDE 3.5 Kitchensync packaged, which
was a great opensync GUI as it actually presented the module
configurations in a nice abstracted pointy-clicky way. But we can't
really realistically package it for Fedora 11, it'd be a pain to extract
it from kdenetwork and build it with all the old KDE 3 deps.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey