opensync downgrade to 0.22

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 22:07:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 23:31 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > For Mandriva I used to have the old KDE 3.5 Kitchensync packaged, which
> > was a great opensync GUI as it actually presented the module
> > configurations in a nice abstracted pointy-clicky way. But we can't
> > really realistically package it for Fedora 11, it'd be a pain to extract
> > it from kdenetwork and build it with all the old KDE 3 deps.
>
> * It's actually in kdepim, not kdenetwork.

Sorry, you're right, I was going off memory, should have checked :)

> * I think it would be quite feasible to package for someone sufficiently
> motivated.

Oh yes, it's certainly possible. I just didn't think anyone with the
skills to do it quickly would care enough. I could *do* it, but it'd
take me a while, and I don't have the time.

> * I could even look into building it from the kdepim3 SRPM (which currently
> builds only a compatibility libkcal).
> * It might even work with the KDE 4 libopensync-plugin-kdepim given that in
> my patch I use RTLD_DEEPBIND when loading the module which links to the KDE
> 4 libraries, so hopefully that avoids the symbol conflicts. Though that has
> yet to be tested.

Certainly if you have the time it'd be a great thing to do, thanks a lot
if you do try :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey