opensync downgrade to 0.22

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Apr 15 22:26:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Yes, Juha's proposal is that we should drop opensync entirely. I can
> honestly speaking see his logic, but personally I'd rather have 0.22
> just because I want to have the damn functionality in the distro.

OpenSync is needed for the 'barry' project's tools as part of
connecting to Blackberry devices, and is, I think, part of
Fedora

 	http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=7118

and has open bugs

 	https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=barry&product=Fedora

The use of the later (beta) OpenSync version at Fedora has
caused heartburn upstream at that project

 	http://www.netdirect.ca/software/packages/barry/

-- Russ herrold