My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 06:34:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 22:50 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:

> >> You are presuming a newbie on a single seat/single user system.

> >> In a corporite environment, BIOS passwords or similar will prevent them
> >> from rebooting. A service tech/sys-admin will have to come by.
> >
> > In a corporate environment the network will be managed by a sysadmin who
> > will easily be able to change the default.
>
> I like your logic.  It's easy to change defaults, so therefore it
> makes sense to have bad defaults.

You're putting words in my mouth. I have no particular opinion either
way. All I've ever said is that it isn't a big deal. Put it this way -
the time lost by the possible drawbacks of *either* approach is
extremely unlikely *ever* to add up to the amount of time and energy
smart people have wasted in the seventeen thousand threads about this.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey