My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Thu Apr 16 19:23:02 UTC 2009

On 04/16/2009 08:41 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 20:29 +0200, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
>> OK, so we should just sit here doing nothing when we see a change that
>> *we* consider bad? Nah, better to speak up, I think.
>
> No, I think after the twenty-three thousandth thread on the fiftieth
> different mailing list rehearses the same three arguments *again*,
> people should cut their damn losses and do something productive instead.

Perhaps it is time listen to those "twenty-three thousandth thread on
the fiftieth different mailing list". People whine for a reason, not
just for the fun of it.

>> You have the notion that this does not matter, but I, and apparently
>> quite a few others, think it does.
>
> I have the notion that it doesn't matter anywhere near enough to be
> worth this amount of grief. As I said: grow a sense of proportion.

Speaking for myself, this keystroke is one of the things in the Linux
world I really like. A very easy way to fix a problem that sadly still
happens way to often, a stuck X-session. Simple and elegant. So for *me*
it matters, and apparently so also for a bunch of others.

Proportions? Well, look at all those threads you mentioned, and you see
the proportions...

/Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>