Getting rid of /usr for F12?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Apr 17 23:16:10 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> Mounting /etc read-only makes no sense at all, config files are designed to
> be writable.

Now, if initrd could handle /etc being on a separate filesystem, that
would be cool.  I might would leave /usr on / (mounted ro) if that were
the case (although that wouldn't help with the case I recently had where
/usr was corrupted but I still booted "emergency" mode to restore from
tape).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>