Re: My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 01:16:34PM +0200, Mark wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Matthew Garrett <mjg redhat com> wrote:
> > I think that basically all the Fedora X maintainers are upstream -
> > however, not all of upstream are Fedora X maintainers.
>
> Just one question.
>
> How can fedora ever be objective about an issue like this if: (quote)
> "all the Fedora X maintainers are upstream"
>
> .... ? i'm interested in your reply on this one. (and a reply from all
> RH/fedora ppl in this thread btw)

What do you mean by objective? It's the role of package maintainers to
do their best at ensuring that the software works well in Fedora and is
as bug free as possible. It's not the role of package mantainers to make
changes that they disagree with, no matter how many users ask for them.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org