Getting rid of /usr for F12?

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Mon Apr 20 18:21:05 UTC 2009

On Monday 20 April 2009 21:10:46 Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 13:36 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > srv         good for servers, we should suppport it more IMHO
>
> How are we supposed to "support it more" when we're explicitly supposed
> to keep our hands off of it?

...by searching configuration files under /srv/etc for example and letting
them to override the system ones? I guess looking and reading doesn't qualify
as "hands on" something, does it? :-)

I could imagine less pain when having all configurations in one filesystem,
pulling those disks out and reinstalling the whole system and putting
disks back.

Apache conf.d is a small step to the right direction but not really a giant
leap for mankind.

Tuju

--
Varo hattupäisiä autoilijoita.