Getting rid of /usr for F12?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 18:37:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 21:21 +0300, Juha Tuomala wrote:

> ...by searching configuration files under /srv/etc for example and letting
> them to override the system ones? I guess looking and reading doesn't qualify
> as "hands on" something, does it? :-)

Search where though, and in what order, and how deep?  And where do you
define where in /srv/ to look for the config file, in
the /etc/rc.d/init.d/<foo> file?  (which is back in etc again...)

/srv/ is hands off, undefined layout to be managed by the local admin,
period.  We can't make any assumptions about what is in there, nor how
it is being used.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!