My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Apr 20 21:34:19 UTC 2009

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> Shall we add a wipe-dotfiles button next because sometimes they become
> corrupted and the desktop environment no longer lets you log in?

Given how many people suggest to delete the entire .kde directory the first
time somebody experiences even the slightest problem with KDE, you might
actually find interested people...

(Hint: DO NOT delete your entire .kde directory if you have KDE issues. If
you think it's a configuration issue, rename (don't delete!) the specific
config files most likely to cause issues. In case of Plasma, that's
plasmarc and plasma-appletsrc. In case of an application, that's the rc
with the application's name in it. The same also goes for other (non-KDE)
applications, always keep a backup (i.e. rename, don't delete) and only
rename the files actually related to your problem.)

        Kevin Kofler