Finding file conflicts

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Apr 21 13:44:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:13:24 +0300,
  Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:

> If I as a packager craft a package for Fedora, how can I check that
> this package's contents aren't accidentially conflicting with another
> package in Fedora? Is there some magic python script that would check
> a package against a whole repo?

There should also be checks run as a project over the whole set of
packages. I know of at least two conflicts currently in rawhide (down
from 3 assuming the new R packages got pushed out this morning) and
I think there is a another one that if I find again I'll make sure is
bugzilla'd. I have a lot of stuff installed, so I see more of these
than most people, but I am guessing there are others that I don't see.