No more Bugzilla for me

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Wed Apr 22 09:16:06 UTC 2009

On 04/22/2009 01:13 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 06:38 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> If you're serious about your signature, RH NDAs have to be considered
>> irrelevant for Fedora.
>>

> They are, however there is more going on at bugzilla.redhat.com than
> Fedora.

I've seen the idea floated around about Fedora Project having it's own
bug tracking setup before.  I know that's a monumental task, but FP has
done others and the change was worth it.

For example, the original creation of Fedora Project was a great task,
and I'm sure naysayers would have said it would have been impossible or
unwise.  Likewise, the unification of Core & Extras was also rather
large, and netted great results.

Fedora-specific bugs in Red Hat's bugzilla are already separated out by
categorization, so it's theoretically possible to pull them all out into
their own instance.  Yes, there will be growing pains during the
transition, but I think it fits very well with the ideals of Fedora.
It's one of the last major tie-ins explicitly to Red Hat-specific
infrastructure (another I can think of are the mailing lists, but even
some of those are now under fedora* domains).