F10: yum update broken

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Thu Apr 23 00:47:22 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Gerry Reno wrote:
>
>> Just tried to perform 'yum update' on F10 and got this:
>>

> Mirror not synced yet. There was the big Qt 4.5 / KDE 4.2.2 update push, so
> they have a lot of stuff to sync. Please wait a few hours, then retry.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Ok, thanks.

I wish that the mirrors could run two repos, one online, one offline and
just switch between them with a pointer. That way they would always
appear consistent to clients. Whenever a big sync would happen it would
happen to the offline repo and once it was finished then the offline
repo would become the online repo. 100% consistency.

Regards,
Gerry