F10: yum update broken

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 23 18:39:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 11:45 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org> said:
> > ...following this plan means that the entire repo. on the mirror should
> > update atomically at step #iv. And rsync --delte-after --delay-updates
> > is almost the same (it merges steps #ii and #iii).
>
> There is still a big assumption in there: that mirrors will only sync
> from an in-sync mirror.

 I think you mean they won't sync against a mirror that is syncing.
AFAIK this can/should be true. Either the mirrors should be using rsync
against the master (and should be using delete-after --delay-updates),
or they should be using reposync against a mirror.

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org>
Fedora